About the Program
According to Stanford Center on Longevity’s 2013 report titled Liveable Community Indicators for Sustainable Aging in Place, 2 in 5 seniors need assistance just to get through the day.
It’s not always easy for seniors to ask for help, especially after a lifetime of taking care of others, but providing your aging loved one with the care they need can help them age in place and live a happier and more independent life.
We believe that our mature companions are the best people to provide elder care services as they offer the opportunity for clients to share common experiences and foster genuine relationships with companions who are close in proximity to their age.
Our companions come from a variety of backgrounds and professions and include retired nurses, business people, social workers, teachers, personal support workers, homemakers and paramedics.
While their backgrounds may vary, all of our mature companions share the desire and passion to assist seniors in living happier more independent lives in the comfort of their home, retirement home, assisted living facility or nursing home.
When you hire a Seniors for Seniors companion you get:
- Peace of mind that all companions have been carefully screened and selected
- A companion that has been selected and matched to suit you or your loved one's needs as well as shares in common interests and passions
- Consistency in the quality of caregiving and assistance provided to you and your loved one
- Assurance that every companion who visits you or your loved one's home is bonded and insured
- Knowledgeable caregivers, many who have received additional training in dementia, Alzheimer's care and First Aid
Our companions have a number of great stories, gathered a wealth of experience throughout their life and have a great way of caring for people. They use these experiences to help someone else live a happier and more independent life. As a Senior for Seniors' companion, their compassion and caring, coupled with their life experiences, are the tools they use to make a difference in the life of a senior.
Our companions are:
- Compassionate about caregiving
- Share a desire to provide "age appropriate care" to seniors
- Are part-time, full-time or casual and flexible employees